Here’s how you can prepare tangy and delectable Mango Chicken Curry!
A traditional dish, this flavourful curry adds the right zing to our regular meal
Mango Chicken Curry is a mouth-watering, flavourful, and tangy recipe. A traditional recipe, cooked across India, especially in south India. Many recipes are made with raw mangoes like juices (Aam Panna), dal, veg curries, chutneys, pickles, and flavoured rice. When cooked with mutton, fish, or chicken, it takes us to the next level.
Mango and chicken make a great combo and is a welcome change to our meal. A tangy, spicy, and tasty chicken curry, this is a simple and different recipe. We have variant recipes depending on regions and tastes
This curry is also referred to as Khatta Chicken cooked either with dry mango powder or with raw mangoes in season. Both the recipes would taste good but when cooked with fresh raw mangoes, it would definitely be authentic and flavourful.
As mangoes are in season, this recipe should certainly be tried. So do try this out, a recipe with a delicious punch of tang.
Serves: 4 members
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
• Chicken: 1/2 kg
• Raw mango: 1/2 a piece
• Cloves: 5 nos
• Cardamoms: 4 nos
• Cinnamon: 2 to 3 small pieces
• Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
• Fresh coconut: 2 to 3 pieces
• Ginger: a small piece
• Garlic: 7 to 8 pods
• Onion: 2, finely chopped
• Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
• Chilli powder: 2 tsps
• Coriander powder: 1-1/2 tbsps
• Salt: 1-1/2 tsp or as needed
• Green chillies: 2 nos, slit
• Curry leaves: 2 reeds
• Coriander leaves: for garnishing
Mango Chicken CurryMethod
• Take 1/2 a kilo chicken and 1/2 a mango.
• Prepare the masala first, take 5 cloves, 3 cardamoms, 2 to 3 cinnamon.
• Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 1-1/2 tablespoon of coriander powder, and a small piece of ginger.
• Add 7 to 8 garlic pods, 2 to 3 pieces of fresh coconut. Grind them all into a fine paste.
• Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil, finely chopped 2 onions fry until transparent with the lid on it.
• Add 2 slit green chillies and 2 reeds of curry leaves and fry for a while.
• Add 1/2 a tsp of turmeric powder, mix well add chicken, mix, and place a lid.
• Let the flame be on high flame, let the water evaporate, stir them all well.
• Add the ground masala paste, stir well let fry for a moment.
• Add 2 tsps of chilli powder and 1-1/2 tsp of salt or as needed.
• Add 1/2 a cup of water, now add sliced mango.
• Place the lid and let cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
• Add some finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
• Put off the flame, dish it out, and serve hot with rice.